The Ultimate Guide to understanding WhatsApp Business
Get to know the in’s and out’s of WhatsApp for Business in our Ultimate Guide?
With more than 1.5 billion users, WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app on our planet, and with the continual rise in digital communication, instant messaging has become the most effective communication tool in business.
In the digital era, businesses should be deeply invested in customer interactions and the way they navigate online. WhatsApp, with its large customer base, is a valuable connection for most industries and has prompted a significant uptake in WhatsApp Business integrations.
What is WhatsApp Business?
WhatsApp Business was introduced in 2018 as an Android app targeted at small to medium-sized businesses. The fundamental goal of this platform is to enhance customer loyalty and bolster a customer experience journey. Offering accessibility to a customer in the communication method they prefer is the centre of any effective digital strategy.
WhatsApp Business offers similar features to personal profile but with a verifiable business profile, complete with company address, email and a website link. With business profiles, you can measure the open/read rates and use tools that empower seamless respond to customers.
Why use it?
Social media marketing has been a hot topic for the last decade, and more recently, Facebook Messenger Marketing. While this has been a focus for most companies, WhatsApp has 1 billion daily activities.
Recent studies indicate that more than 60% of people use instant messaging apps daily – including WhatsApp – an increase of almost 20% from 2018.
The importance of privacy, data and personal information could not be emphasised enough. With the scrutiny around apps and data security, it is crucial to take note of the protection layer WhatsApp offers through the Facebook policy, which is already in place.
WhatsApp Business v WhatsApp Business API
While there is a particular need for WhatsApp Business for small to medium-sized businesses, the large scale messaging that you have most likely witnessed is not part of the application. WhatsApp Business API is for enterprises that require greater capabilities.
Most notably, large businesses have been selected by the messaging platform to trial it, namely Uber and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. While WhatsApp Business API is currently in a limited public preview state business who wish to integrate into the platform are required to use Business Solution Providers; of which Facebook has over 46 global partnerships. Search the WA Business API provider directory here.
How Smartz Communication can assist you in utilising WhatsApp For Business
WhatsApp is a central point of communication for the majority of your clients, making it one of the biggest social media platforms in South Africa. According to the 2019 Hootsuite Digital report, WhatsApp has a higher user rate than Facebook.
It comes as no surprise then that your competitors are most likely implementing WhatsApp for Business, so why aren’t you? What will happen to your business, and where will your customers go if you are not listening to them?
In Nielsen’s Facebook Messaging Survey, 67 per cent of mobile messaging app users are expecting an increase in the use of chat to communicate with businesses in the next two years. With 53 per cent of respondents, in the same survey, are more likely to buy from a business they can message directly.
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT WHATSAPP FOR BUSINESS
Whatsapp Business Benefits
- Communicate with your clients in their preferred contact methods
- Using a messaging app to have real-time conversations with your customers
- Building trust through your Business profile
- Whatsapp is seen as a personal channel for communications, making your customer interactions more seamless
- Easily respond to customers with auto-replies and predefined templates Increase
- First Call Resolution by attaching and receiving documents in real-time, reducing the need for an email follow-up.
- Integration of chat transactions into your CRM
- Comprehensive Reporting
- Monitor Users Chats for Quality Assurance
- Sentiment Analysis of Chats on both the Users and Customer’s side, allowing your Company to measure and improve your Brand’s Net Promoter Score proactively
- Ease-of-use and a cloud-based solution
What you cannot do with a standard WhatsApp web interface:
- Controlled audit trails
- Statistics and Reporting
- Create templates to standardise responses
- Track outcomes or streamline processes
- Track agent performance and compliance
- Create Automated responses or client surveys
- Build customer profiles for future utilisation
- Build the customer journey
- Utilise export capabilities to a CRM system
- Link into Bots or automated processes
The solution to resolving these common problems lies within Azuka’s cloud-based Smartz Communication platform. Experience the power of WhatsApp for Business and the simplicity in introducing additional channels as and when required.
Find out more about the WhatsApp For Business offer here